The Michigan Youth Leadership scholarship is designed to provide young leaders who have shown remarkable contributions to their communities with $500 to allocate to a continuing education program of their choice. To qualify, an applicant must:
- currently attend or be accepted to an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- make a positive difference in his/her community through utilization of leadership skills
- make a positive difference in his/her community through serving his/her community
- provide examples of how he/she significantly stepped outside his/her comfort zone as a result of the lessons learned at MYLead
- have never before received this scholarship (an individual is only eligible to receive this scholarship once)
- be a current, active MYLead volunteer and have demonstrated significant volunteer contributions to MYLead, generally for more than one year
The applicant will meet all of the requirements above, and preferably:
- be a MYLead AP member
- involve peers (MYLead-related or not) in community service event(s)
If you meet all of the necessary qualifications and would like to be considered for the Michigan Youth Leadership scholarship, please complete the MYLead Scholarship application form by Feb 15.
All applications received by this date will be considered for review in the current year. The MYLead Corporate Board will carefully review each application and the recipient of the scholarship will be announced at that spring’s Michigan Youth Leadership conferences.
Thank you for your interest in the Michigan Youth Leadership scholarship. We look forward to receiving your application!