During conference weekend, MYLead requires extra support behind-the-scenes to make sure things are running smoothly. For those interested in being part of that process, who may not necessarily be available to help plan behind-the-scenes all year, this is a great way to get involved.
We have 2 different types of interns who volunteer during the actual conference weekend.
- Logistics Interns – Working with Logistics means being involved with registration, preparation of home-group materials, staffing the MYLead store, taking inventory, answering calls from parents, and troubleshooting behind-the-scenes.
- Programming Interns – Working with Programming means being involved with speakers, workshops, and set-up of activities. This team will also help take pictures, manage social media throughout the weekend, and create the slideshow.
Interns are generally expected to be on-site for 2-4 full days. Sometimes we ask for added support during set-up/registration and the parent program/check-out on Sunday.
All applications are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Requirements typically include:
- Log 50 hours of community service, from May 1 – April 30 (ie, roughly the 12 months before the conference).
- Fundraise a minimum of $70 per day for Friday and Saturday participation at the conference. There is no fundraising requirement for helping on Thursday or Sunday of conference weekend.
- Attend a training call before the conference.
- Previous experience with MYLead is very helpful, but not necessary.
Applications to be an intern for the 2020 MYLead conferences are now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not previously been involved with MYLead and would like more information.