The Michigan Youth Leadership scholarship is designed to provide young leaders who have shown remarkable contributions to their communities with $500 to allocate to a continuing education program of their choice. If you meet all of the qualifications (listed below), you may apply for the Michigan Youth Leadership scholarship. The MYLead Corporate Board will carefully review each application and the recipient will be announced at MYLead’s spring conferences.
The application for the 2021 MYLead scholarship is now open. Please click here to apply. Applications close March 8th.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Currently attend or be accepted to an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Make a positive difference in their community through the the utilization of leadership skills.
- Make a positive difference in their community through service in their community.
- Provide examples of how they significantly stepped outside of their comfort zone as a result of the lessons they learned at MYLead.
- Have never before received this scholarship (an individual is only eligible to receive this scholarship once).
- Be a current, active MYLead volunteer and have demonstrated significant volunteer contributions to MYLead- generally for more than one year.