Thank you for your interest in applying for a volunteer leadership role within MYLead! Regardless of the role(s) you are interested in volunteering for, the following will help enable success as a leader in MYLead:
- Strong and eloquent communicator – relate to diverse groups verbally and in writing.
- Analytical thinker – bring together disparate pieces and solve complex problems.
- Organizer – keep track of many details in a way others can readily understand.
- Adaptable – effectively responds to changing circumstances
- Dedicated – has consistently demonstrated loyalty to MYLead
- Reliable – has consistently participated & followed through on commitments to MYLead
- Familiarity – is familiar with the operations of MYLead, having volunteers in other roles
- Experience – has experiences relevant to success in the role(s) of interest.
Student Recruitment Co-Director
Description: Overall leadership in planning and execution of all interaction with schools, parents, and students in recruiting YLs to attend MYLead conferences.
- Recruit, recognize, motivate, and retain recruitment committee volunteers.
- Define yearly nomination and recruitment schedule.
- Plan and oversee communications with schools to enable nominations.
- Retain existing schools and seek out new schools.
- Plan and oversee communications with students to enable conference registration.
- Track relevant metrics to measure success of efforts and adapt accordingly.
- High degree of organization and ability to effectively delegate required.
Description: Overall leadership role in planning annual MYLead conferences, including programming, staffing (GFs, CAs, and behind the scenes), facilities, and logistics.
- Liaison between the corporate board and conference planning team.
- Coordinates efforts of conference planning committees.
- Defines conference planning schedule.
- Recruit, recognize, motivate, and retain conference volunteers.
- Fill gaps where they may exist in conference planning.
Description: Organize and schedule meetings and other efforts of board of directors. Appropriate organization records of decisions and other actions.
- Schedule and facilitate agenda planning for corporate board meetings. (Board meetings occur every other month and are normally virtual)
- Record-keeping associated with activity of the board.
- Special projects as needed in support of MYLead.
- Works under the guidance of president.
Description: This position works with community groups, corporations and individuals to provide financial resources to make MYLead possible.
- Applies for grants, corporate sponsorships and donations
- Sets financial goals with the corporate board, in order to expand our financial reach
- Finds innovative ways to partner with other parts of the organization (example: MYLead Community) to build a relationship with all parts of the MYLead team and community.
- Becomes the face of the organization to the outside-MYLead world
- Merchandise Manager reports to this director to aid in advancement goals
Description: Responsible for the overall public image of MYLead and the MYLead brand.
- Maintain the MYLead brand image and logo
- Create meaningful content for all social media platforms
- Facilitate and create any major email communications/e-newsletters
- Update the mylead.org website, as needed
- Work with all areas of MYLead, including recruitment, advancement, MYLead community and conference planning, to further their efforts.
Consider joining the MYLead Corporate Board in one of these stupendous leadership roles! Apply by completing the brief form below by August 31st.